Timo Werner heavily linked with Chelsea and Liverpool

June 30, 2020

 

Timo Werner has been linked with a move Liverpool or Chelsea since the talk of the transfer window. Even though Reds was the most speculated one that Werner would choose Craig Burley has recently stated that the competition at Liverpool may lead Werner toside with Chelsea.He has not confirmed his decision and had left an option with Liverpool.

There will be very heavy competition from other clubs when the player becomes available in the market. The Spanish champions Barcelona has also shown interest towards the player. From Premier League side we have Chelsea who is looking forward to expanding their attacking side.
Read More

Niklas Sule praises Van Dijk as the best

June 6, 2020

Bayern Munich defender Niklas Sule has acclaimed Virgil Van Dijk as the best defender in the world.

Liverpool’s Van Dijk was signed from Southampton for £75 million in January transfer window of 2018. It was record-breaking transfer money made for a defender. He has been a great contributor to Liverpool and has been a major part in the title victory of Champions League. In 2019, he was named as UEFA’s Men’s player of the year and was runner up in Ballon d’Or award and FIFA Men’s player of the year.


German defender Sule says that Dijk is the best defender in the world and is hoping to follow his steps. In an interview with Bayern’s 51 magazine, he said that Van Dijk decided to be a part of Liverpool at the age of 27 taking the big step and he is now one of the best defenders in the world at the age of 28. He explains that as a centre back one of the best time is in the mid-20s where one is more fit and has more stamina. He like Van Dijk hopes to make a big step in future.
Read More

Liverpool keen to get Bremen star Milot Rashica

May 12, 2020

Liverpool are looking forward to signing Milot Rashica of German club Werder Bremen. The winger is not sure about his place in Liverpool and he feels under Klopp he wouldn’t get much opportunity to play for the club. He is not much interested in joining the club as he points out this as the reason. Liverpool and Rashica has been linked to the talks of transfer for a long time and the player is sure that he is not going to move to Anfield this summer.


Rashica was considered as a replacement for Xherdan Shaqiri. The 28-year-old is unable to take his place in the team. He was only given six chances in the Premier League this season. Klopp was looking forward to Rashica on the team instead of Shaqiri but as the player is unwilling to obtain the position in the team as per the reports of Weser Kurier, a German publication.
Read More

Paul Merson urges Liverpool to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

April 11, 2020

Arsenal legend Paul Merson believes Liverpool should make the move to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from the Gunners this summer. The Gabon international has less than 16 months remaining on his current deal with the north London deal and so far, he has shown no indication that he could prolong his stay.


As a result, he has been linked with a possible departure from the Emirates Stadium and Merson feels Aubameyang could prove the perfect player to lead the line for the Reds ahead of Roberto Firmino, he told: “Firmino is a top player but he can go long periods of time without scoring. You still need someone who is a safety net in terms of goals and that’s what Aubameyang can provide.
Read More

Molby: Liverpool wrong to focus on van Dijk

September 20, 2017

Liverpool legend Jan Molby has insisted that the Reds should have looked at other options after they failed to negotiate a deal for Southampton’s Virgil van Dijk. The Netherlands international had been Liverpool’s prime target for the summer transfer window with Jurgen Klopp having seen him as the perfect fit for his backline.

However, the Reds backed off from lodging an offer for his services after the Saints complained to the Premier League over an illegal approach from the Merseyside outfit. As a result, the Reds failed to recruit a new centre-back to their ranks, and Molby feels the club were wrong to focus on signing the Dutch footballer. Read More

Target Should be Top Four, not the Title

Target Should be Top Four, not the Title

August 11, 2017

Liverpool enjoyed a successful 2016-17 Premier League campaign. The Reds were in the title race for around half the season and eventually finished fourth. With Arsenal and Manchester United ending up below them in the standings, the Anfield faithful must have been satisfied with how last season eventually panned out. Jurgen Klopp’s side played good attacking football, and there were a lot of positives.

With the 2017-18 Premier League campaign getting underway this week, Liverpool fans will be hoping for yet another exciting and successful season. The Reds have been quite active in the summer transfer window and have signed three players so far, while they have not lost anyone they could not live without. Andre Wisdom was away on loan at RB Salzburg last season, while Kevin Stewart failed to make an impact at Anfield and Lucas Leiva was able to make only 12 starts in the Premier League in 2016-17. Read More

Klopp: Philippe Coutinho won’t be sold

August 4, 2017

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has iterated that Philippe Coutinho will not be sold to Barcelona during this summer’s transfer window.


The Brazil international has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Camp Nou with compatriot Neymar also publicly stating that he would welcome the attacker to Catalunya.

Despite this, Klopp has continuously suggested that the Reds are not keen on selling Coutinho whilst insisting that it is a decision which is accepted between him and the board, he declared: “If I say he is not for selling, he is not for selling. There is nothing else to say. It’s a club decision, it’s my decision. That’s how it is. I can say 20 times, he is not for sale. If you ask the other question the other way and I say, there has been no assurance, you make the story the other way. There is no story for me. Whatever happens from their side, I say he is not for sale. The answer is — not for sale.” Read More

Philippe Coutinho describes speculation linking him to Barcelona as ‘complicated’

June 23, 2017

Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho has refused to rule out a summer move from Anfield by describing that the speculation linking him with Barcelona as complicated.


The Brazil international contributed 13 goals and seven assists during the previous campaign as the Reds secured a top-four finish in the Premier League. As a result, Jurgen Klopp’s side will be plying their trade in next season’s Champions League which would allow them to attract some of the best talents from across the world.

Coutinho inked a fresh five-year contract with the Reds in January in order to quell any speculation over his future, and the questions still linger over where his commitment would lie at the start of next season. Former Reds striker Luis Suarez had a hidden release clause which was triggered to lure him to Barcelona, but the club are now in a stronger position with Coutinho after they eliminated the buy-out clause option. Read More

LIVERPOOL TO BATTLE BARCA AND ARSENAL FOR REUS

June 2, 2017

Liverpool would have to battle fellow Premier League club Arsenal and Spanish giant Barcelona for the signature of Marco Reus.


The 27-year old has suffered a spate of injuries over recent seasons. His employers Borussia Dortmund are willing to listen to offers from £67 million, according to reports.

Spanish source MundoDeportivo claims Barca want the talented playmaker to join them this summer. They would have to fend off interests from three English clubs for him though. Transfer Market Web says Manchester City are also in the mix for the German.

Borussia Dortmund have reportedly removed the previous £21 million release clause in the player’s contract in 2015 so they would earn big if clubs want to sign him now.

Liverpool’s manager Jurgen Klopp worked with the player while he was at Borussia. Read More

Liverpool Not Worried about Philippe Coutinho to BarcaTransfer Rumours

May 25, 2017

Liverpool are not worried about the possibility of Barcelona coming in with an offer for Philippe Coutinho in the summer.


The Brazilian has been subjected to transfer rumours about an offer from Barcelona, which would be extremely hard to turn down for any player. Reports in Spain have claimed that informal talks between Liverpool and Barcelona have taken place with a view of completing the £ 76 million transfer in the summer. Not too long ago, Barcelona signed Luis Suarez from Liverpool for a similar fee; the Uruguayan has now turned into one of the biggest success stories of recent years.

The transfer rumours surroundingCoutinho comes at a worst possible time for Liverpool, who have been trying to qualify for the Champions League next season. Jurgen Klopp says that the club are not worried about any transfer rumours since the players signed a new contract only in January. Importantly, this new contract does not figure any release clause that would enable Barcelona to do away with any negotiations. Read More